Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sustained by Joy.

In the midst of everything overwhelming in my life, I am most refreshed and at peace when I trust in God and remember the ways that He has blessed me.

There were multiple times today in which I was ready to just throw in the towel.

Say NO MORE.

I'M DONE.

JUST LET ME RUN. 

But every time, a still small voice stopped me. 

I was pushed to remember the blessings in my life.

So today.

Even though I want to curl up on my bunk and cry my life away.

Even though I want to scream at those who have wronged me.

Even though I want to yell at the world about how life isn't fair.

Even though I am utterly and completely helpless.

I am counting my blessings.

And here they are.

I am redeemed by the blood of my risen Savior. No power of Hell or scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand. I am saved and will be spending eternity in Heaven. The biggest blessing of my entire life.

I had a job this semester.

I have a job lined up for the summer.

I will have two jobs next semester.

If all continues as it has been, I will have four A's this semester.

I ate three meals today.

I have nine Bibles. Nine. Seven are in English (a mix of one or more of 4 different translations). Two are in Greek. 

I have the freedom display each and every single one of my Bibles for all the world to see. 

Everywhere I turn, I have friends.

I am in college.

I had a reason to smile today.

I laughed today. Quite a bit.

I have legs.

And they work.

My school bill is paid off.

I got lots of hugs today.

I got to help behind-the-scenes with a student play.

I have plans for Artist Series with one of the best society sisters ever.

I have clothing. Lots of it.

I will never be alone because I have Christ. 

My roommates and I get along exceptionally well.

I have an amazing family that loves me with their whole hearts.

Even when I'm hurting, I have eternal joy from my amazing Savior to sustain me. 

1 comment:

  1. You are almost to the finish line! Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Take a hold of that promise and hang in there!

    Here's a little quote from one of your childhood friends:
    "Promise me you'll always remember,
    You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Pooh Bear (A.A. Milne)

    ::Big Hugs::

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts