Monday, April 22, 2013

Herein is Love.

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
but do not have love, 
I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 

If I have the gift of prophecy, 
and know all mysteries and all knowledge; 
and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, 
but do not have love, 
I am nothing. 

And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, 
and if I surrender my body to be burned, 
but do not have love, 
it profits me nothing. 

Love is patient, 
love is kind 
and is not jealous;
love does not brag 
and is not arrogant, 

does not act unbecomingly; 
it does not seek its own, 
is not provoked, 
does not take into account a wrong suffered, 

does not rejoice in unrighteousness, 
but rejoices with the truth; 

bears all things, 
believes all things, 
hopes all things, 
endures all things. 

Love never fails; 
but if there are gifts of prophecy, 
they will be done away; 
if there are tongues, 
they will cease; 
if there is knowledge, 
it will be done away. 

For we know in part 
and we prophesy in part; 

but when the perfect comes, 
the partial will be done away. 

When I was a child, 
I used to speak like a child, 
think like a child, reason like a child; 
when I became a man, 
I did away with childish things. 

For now we see in a mirror dimly, 
but then face to face; 
now I know in part, 
but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 

But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; 
but the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13

For I am convinced that neither death, 
nor life, nor angels, 
nor principalities, nor things present, 
nor things to come, nor powers, 

nor height, nor depth, 
nor any other created thing, 
will be able to separate us from the love of God, 
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

For this reason I say to you, 
do not be worried about your life, 
as to what you will eat or what you will drink; 
nor for your body, as to what you will put on. 
Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 

Look at the birds of the air, 
that they do not sow, 
nor reap nor gather into barns, 
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. 
Are you not worth much more than they? 

And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? 

And why are you worried about clothing? 
Observe how the lilies of the field grow; 
they do not toil nor do they spin, 

yet I say to you that not even Solomon 
in all his glory 
clothed himself like one of these. 

But if God so clothes the grass of the field, 
which is alive today 
and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, 
will He not much more clothe you? 
You of little faith! 

Do not worry then, saying, 
‘What will we eat?’ 
or ‘What will we drink?’ 
or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 

For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; 
for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 

But seek first His kingdom 
and His righteousness, 
and all these things will be added to you. 

“So do not worry about tomorrow; 
for tomorrow will care for itself. 
Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:25-34

As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, 
even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; 

so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. 

“For God so loved the world, 
that He gave His only begotten Son, 
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, 
but have eternal life. 

For God did not send the Son into the world 
to judge the world, 
but that the world 
might be saved through Him.

John 3:14-17

About the ninth hour 
Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, 
“Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” 
that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” 

And some of those who were standing there, 
when they heard it, 
began saying, 
“This man is calling for Elijah.” 

Immediately one of them ran, 
and taking a sponge, 
he filled it with sour wine and put it on a reed, 
and gave Him a drink. 
But the rest of them said, 
“Let us see whether Elijah will come to save Him.” 

And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, 
and yielded up His spirit. 

And behold, 
the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; 
and the earth shook 
and the rocks were split. 

The tombs were opened, 
and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep 
were raised; 

and coming out of the tombs 
after His resurrection 
they entered the holy city 
and appeared to many. 

Now the centurion, 
and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus, 
when they saw the earthquake 
and the things that were happening, 
became very frightened and said, 
“Truly this was the Son of God!”

Matthew 27:46-54

He is not here, 
for He has risen,
just as He said.
Come,
see the place 
where He was lying.

Matthew 28:6

Because the sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted FREE
For God the just was satisfied
To look on Him
And pardon me.

Here is love, 
Vast as the ocean

No one in the world has or ever will love you like Jesus does.

The very least He deserves is our praise.

His robes for mine,
O wonderful exchange!
Clothed in my sin,
Christ suffered 'neath God's rage.

His robes for mine,
Such anguish none can know
Christ, God's beloved
Condemned as though His foe.
He (as though I)
Accursed and left alone
I (as though He)
Embraced and welcomed home.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, 
in that while we were yet sinners, 
Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

You will never know true love until you know the love of God.

I know you.

I know you hunger after true love.

I know the empty space in your heart.

That begs to be filled.

Run to Him.

Accept His free gift of salvation.

Become His child.

And never go hungry again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts