Friday, November 1, 2013

I Love You, But.

This is something I wrote a while back, but never published. I hope to have a new post up here soon. Please bear with me, I know it's been a while. Know that God has worked in many ways in my heart these months. I look forward to sharing what He has done. But for now, here's a poem.

I Love You, But.

Dear fellow Christians,

I love you.

But.

You do not love.

You're my brothers and sisters.

But.

You act like enemies.

You hold in your hands the key true happiness.

But.

You have no joy.

You know many things.

But.

You are willfully ignorant.

You demand respect.

But.

You offer none.

You demand your way.

But.

You allow for no one else's.

You preach that God is love.

But.

You do not show it.

You want everyone to listen to you.

But.

You do not listen to anyone.

You complain that minds are too open.

But.

Yours is too closed.

You don't want to be hated.

But.

You're okay with hating.

God loves you.

But.

He loves the unsaved too.

Jesus preached holiness.

But.

He also preached love.

Paul wrote for us to be innocent.

But.

He didn't mean ignorant.

We are called to be radical.

But.

Not to be mean.

We are called to be "not of this world."

But.

Not to be alien.

We get it in so many ways.

But.

Too often we miss the point.

We are called to love God.

But.

We are also called to love others.

We say we love others.

But.

Too often only the ones we want to love.

We are saved by grace.

But.

We are still sinners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts